Friday, October 03, 2008

It's been a while!

What a shitty blogger I have become! Since I retired my farms and living has sure taken up my time. The hill farm is coming along I have 40 acres ready to plant. It involved removing the brush that has taken over in the last several years and getting the golden rod under control. Some drainage problems that I have rectified with my back-hoe. Plus I have been sawing lumber and a break neck pace! I want to have it all sawed at my flat farm so I can move the saw to the hill.40 or so logs to go! Also made progress on my solar out house. I have the concrete box done. But for now we use the old one. I still do not have indoor plumbing so we live very Amish when we are on the hill.
This is not the time to be selling houses unless you have a piece of property that is unique. That I have and I am entertaining an offer for my home stead. It seems the downturn is not hurting the market around here too much yet, as property is undervalued in this area. Western New York is a bargain for the upscale shopper.
I am here to tell you retirement is highly underrated. I am enjoying myself. Now it is the cusp of winter and I am thinking deer hunting. I had a dream about venison steaks! Now that is sad. If the bed was wet it was from drool.
We are picking apples today. My youngest want to make a big batch of cider to try out his invention,an apple smasher.Going to fill my dump truck.

7 comments:

Christo Gonzales said...

sounds like the life I want.....ho humm woe is me...

MarmiteToasty said...

Oh my I would LOVE to taste your lads scrumpie......

Busy is good as long as you take the time to smell the cow poo lol

:)

x

Unknown said...

Well, the house values here have been greatly affected. It's because all those builders have allowed about five houses per person it seems. There are brand new houses that have been standing for over a year, and just won't sell.

I'm so glad you are enjoying retirement!

MarmiteToasty said...

Just checking in to see if everything is ok? miss you....

x

Rev. Peter Doodes said...

Good to see you back again AF, I did wonder if you were still recovering from the August party!

Can you add a picture of the Apple Smasher on your nrxt post please?

Blessings,

Kati said...

Hey Slip! Also looking forward to a pic of your kid's apple-smasher, if you can get one! Hope the juice tastes absolutely fab.

Synchronicity said...

that sounds like so much fun! i love autumn. i am glad you are still blogging. i love coming to visit here.